FRAME PROGRAMME OF THE CONFERENCE
CONSTRUCTION OF NUCLEAR POWER PLANT – TECHNOLOGY, FINANCING, SAFETY AND PROJECT MANAGEMENT
Opening Event of International Power Engineering Fair EXPOPOWER 2018
organized jointly by Association of Polish Electrical Engineers (SEP) and Poznan International Fairs.
Poznan, Poland, April 23, 2018 (Monday)
10:00 – 10:10 – Welcome of the Participants:
SEP President Piotr SZYMCZAK,
President of SEP Poznan Branch Aleksandra RAKOWSKA,
President of Poznan International Fair Przemysław TRAWA
10:10 – 10:30
Speech of the Representative of Ministry of Energy
Director of Nuclear Energy Department Józef Stanisław SOBOLEWSKI
THEME SPEECHES – four lectures 30 mins each
10:30 – 11:00 – The attractiveness of nuclear energy – Piotr MAZGAJ, PGE EJ-1;
11:00 – 11:30 – Financing of projects in the construction of nuclear power plants – Przemysław ŻYDAK;
11:30 – 12:00 – Safety of the first Polish nuclear power plant – Andrzej STRUPCZEWSKI, Narodowe Centrum Badań Jądrowych (National Centre of Nuclear Research);
12:00 – 12:30 – Construction of a nuclear power plant – Management of a large investment project in the energy sector – Ziemowit IWAŃSKI, Energoprojekt Katowice.
COFFEE BREAK 12:30 – 13:00
13:00 – 14:00 DISCUSSION PANEL
The discussion panel will feature specialists and manages from different business areas, who on the basis of morning session speeches as well as own opinions will be presenting their vision of the construction of a nuclear power plant in Poland.
So far, following panelists confirmed their participation:
- Zbigniew WIEGNER – Polimex Opole Sp. z o.o., Project Manager of Opole Power Plant new units construction and previously Olkiluoto Nuclear Power Plant Unit 3 construction in Finland;
- Aleksander GUL – ABB Sp. z o.o., expert in power engineering switchgear equipment and transformers;
- Łukasz GRELA – President – CEO, Energoprojekt-Katowice S.A., expert in design of power plants and substations.
14:00 – 15:45 – COMPANY PRESENTATIONS OF SUPPLIERS FROM NUCLEAR POWER SECTOR
14:00 –14:30 – HITACHI GE NUCLEAR ENERGY (Japan, USA)
On time and on budget. Construction of nuclear power plant in Poland with the Advanced Boiling Water Reactor technology.
- Hanako UENO, Global Marketing Leader, Global Marketing Department; Hitachi-GE Nuclear Energy, Ltd.
- David J. POWELL, Vice President, European Region; GE Hitachi Nuclear Energy
14:30 –15:00 – EDF (Francja)
The French nuclear experience in the Polish nuclear energy context. The ERP reactor: safety, localization, construction, experience feedback.
- Bruno BLOTAS, Vicepresident, New Nuclear Project Development
Subjects of following presentations are currently discussed with the Vendors.
Conference Chairman: Jacek NOWICKI – General Secretary of Association of Polish Electrical Engineers
Ministry of Energy